|2813 Business Intelligence/Data Analyst|
It’s an exciting time to join the team as a Business Intelligence Analyst where you will turn data into insights that drive better decision making across the organization. With 20 years of success in the ecommerce textbook industry, our client is well established in the market and eager to keep growing through data driven decisions.. You will be helping to shape business decisions from what you learn and making solid inferences from the data you query. If this is the challenge you seek, please send your resume to email@example.com. We value diversity in the workplace and encourage women, minorities, and veterans to apply. Thank you!
The Business Intelligence Analyst (BIA) works collaboratively with the Business Intelligence and Data Engineering teams with customers across all other departments within the organization. The BIA will always ask “why” and love using data and logic to explore potential solutions. The BIA will create analysis, forecasts, data visualizations and presentations on all aspects of the business. The successful candidate will be a self-starter, comfortable with the ambiguity of a changing environment, excited about building a data driven culture, and motivated by making an impact.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Apply your technical knowledge and visualization skills to develop dashboards and alerts that will identify performance trends and indicators.
• Engage directly with our strategic team and all other departments to address their specific analytic and reporting needs.
• Proactively seek opportunities to improve business rules through price optimization, competitive analysis, and market seasonality.
• Work with department leads to define KPIs and design dashboards that enable better decision making.
• Use exceptional data storytelling abilities to articulate technical information to non-technical audiences.
• Support the relationship between the Business Intelligence team and the rest of the organization through training to empower team members to utilize our growing suite of reporting and analytical tools.
• Provide thought leadership on BI tools and stay abreast on data and analytic best practices.
• Ensure that our business intelligence solutions are responsive, reliable, accurate, and up to date.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Analytics or Computer Science
• You have high proficiency in SQL (Snowflake or Microsoft SQL Server experience is a plus)
• 2+ years of professional experience using Tableau (Tableau Desktop Specialist certification required within 6 months of hire)
• 3+ years of analytical experience
• Professional experience working on Business Intelligence, Reporting, and Data Analytics projects
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Experience with database concepts, data models and schema design
• Strong ability to think independently and problem solve
• Strong organizational skills
Would you like to apply to this job?